Translate

Tuesday 26 September 2017

Reflections on Oxford: Conclusion.

               
I can and will never forget my time at Oxford. It was full of great times with friends, time spent learning from the best, time spent throwing myself into what I love, wonderful opportunities, inspirational people, time spent trying to achieve change for the better… But far too often my time at Oxford was eclipsed by feeling I wasn’t welcome, that things were far too stressful, and that my friends were being unfairly treated by the system.

                I look forward to the day when change will truly come to Oxford. But currently it seems still very far off.


                That’s why I wrote this post. I want Oxford to change. And I want people to know how much it needs change, and the change that it needs.


                That’s why I went back to my old school to speak to students about Oxford: I want to see people who have lived in the real world at Oxford. For only then will Oxford start to resemble the humanity of the real world. 


If you want to go back to the outline of posts on the series "Reflections on Oxford", click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment